Sunday, October 25, 2009

Xantrex Powerpack 600 As advertised

Item arrived from Amazon very fast and with free shipping. It was an impressive transaction. Thanks Amazon! The unit itself has done everything I expected. I've been using this unit on my boat to power some sanders, drills, saws etc. Every powertool I've needed outside has been easy to use with this xantrex unit. I dont need to hunt for an outlet around the boat yard. During the summer season, I'm mainly going to use this to tie into my boats 110v system while at sea since I dont have a generator. It should do fine in powering tvs, dvd players, charging a laptop etc. I did try my 27" LCD tv with it and it works. the TV gives off a very faint buzz but it works. I wouldnt use an expensive TV with this but for a cheap off-brand TV that you dont care about, it should be ok. This will not power a mini fridge or a space heater. I tried both and it trips out immediately. I didnt expect it to power these appliances but just thought I'd put it out there for those who were wondering. The light is very bright and has come in handy many times. The radio in this unit is a let-down. Digital tuning is a major pain (scans too fast and is hard to land on the exact station) and the antenna broke off the first day. Regardless, you're not buying this as as a stereo but it would have been a great addition if it worked better. The unit seems pretty solid and it's not a pain to carry around. It is hefty but it's comfortable to carry. I may buy another one just to extend the power needs I may have at sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment