Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Xantrex Powerpack 600 A Good Buy

I bought the unit in November of 2007 for a campout my family was having. The unit worked very well. I ran a laptop and external hard drive off of it for almost 3 hours and still had enough juice to jumpstart my car with it the next day before recharging. I think in most ways it is better than a generator as you don't have to refuel it. Just plug it in to a car DC outlet or a standard AC outlet and let it charge for 2-6 hours and you're good as new. An excellent buy itf you don't have huge power requirements.

Pros- Virtually noiseless, lightweight compared to a generator, good recharge time for a battery.

Cons- Less capability than a generator to supply power, shorter life.

Overall rating- 4 of 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment